Hillsborough County has introduced a new approach to transportation infrastructure planning and design that promotes the safe mobility of all users while making the County streets sustainable and more accessible to all users. This approach is based on the updated Mobility Element of the County’s Comprehensive Plan. The Mobility Element Goals focus on Safety, Multi-Modal and Context Sensitive Design. The following documents are being developed and will introduce new planning and design guidelines and standards:
- Mobility Element of Comprehensive Plan
- Context Classification System
- Complete Streets Guidebook
- Project Development Manual
- Design Manual
- Access Management System based on Context Classification
An overview of these manuals and the importance of practicing safety, multi-modal and context-based approaches to all transportation projects will be presented.