Burgess & Niple is seeking a Mechanical Engineering Project Manager in the Hampton Roads area in Virginia to be a part of our national team. As a full-service Engineering and Architectural firm, this individual will have the unique opportunity to work with and support our company market areas – architecture, utility infrastructure, industrial, environmental, and land development, across the country. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who has a desire and capacity to learn and is interested in working on diverse project types.
Candidate must have solid technical background in HVAC and Plumbing system design. This position is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual to utilize their technical and Project Management expertise to lead and complete interesting and challenging projects.
Requirements include a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering with a P.E. registration or eligible for reciprocity in VA. A minimum of 10 years’ experience in engineering is required and ability to manage projects. Strong communication skills, quality control, and organization skills are essential to the success of this role. Growth opportunities available.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Mechanical Director to plan, manage, execute and deliver engineering projects on-time, on budget, and to the performance expectations of the client.
- Assists with the creation and development of scopes of work and budgets for various projects.
- Client manager for key office clients. Provide regular updates on project and work status.
- Monitor all financial aspects of the project, to include invoicing, budget status, accounts receivable, and monthly reports.
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members.
- Review develop and evaluate plans for major projects by performing various aspects of mechanical engineering design including conceptual studies, program requirements, design analysis, calculations, equipment selection and layout and system selection and layout for building design, upgrades and retrofits.
- Coordinate departmental or divisional project studies, reports or project design assignments.
- Providing construction phase services including representing the firm on-site, answering RFI’s, reviewing shop drawings.
- Strict adherence to quality control guidelines.
- Minimal travel required.
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 10+ years of experience
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience using Trace 700 to perform HVAC load calculations and highly accurate energy models. CEM or similar certification preferred.
- Experience with design of DDC controls for major building systems required.
- Experience in the design and optimization of chiller/boiler plants, VAV systems, VRF systems, Geothermal/WSHP systems, and Heat Recovery Systems.
- Experience with DEB and CPSM required.
- Knowledge and experience with ASHRAE standards, IPC, IMC, and IECC codes required.
- Plumbing experience required.
- Commissioning experience a plus.
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, competitive pay, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, telecommuting, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. For over 100 years, we have delivered creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices twelve states and the District of Columbia and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.