Ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? Burgess & Niple is seeking a Civil Engineer – Stormwater/Utilities/Site Development in our Norfolk, VA office. Candidate must have an interest or demonstrated aptitude in stormwater, water and sewer and site design. This position is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to join our growing local team and utilize their interest and skills to advance exciting projects with a dynamic team.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Site or subdivision design using industry standard software such as Civil 3D
- Property research, including but not limited to zoning requirements, allowable uses, available utilities, design challenges and constraints
- Complete calculations using engineering formulas or software.
- Prepare or edit specifications through research of industry, federal, state, regional or municipal publications
- Revise or refine design details and plan sets for submittal to plan approving authorities
- Prepare reports and narratives for use in the completion design and construction documents
- Preparation of engineering and construction cost estimates using local and industry standard pricing guides
- Perform site visits for project orientation and construction surveillance
- Communicate with design team, client staff, plan approving and permitting authorities as needed
- Preparation of permit applications and supporting documents
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program or combination of relevant experience or training leading to a degree in Civil Engineering.
- 0-5 years’ experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with people, both orally and in writing
- Strong computer skills including AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Office software programs
- Strong communication, computer, and organization skills are essential in this role. Growth opportunities available.
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, competitive pay, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, telecommuting, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. For over 100 years, we have delivered creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices twelve states and the District of Columbia and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.