At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in twelve states and the District of Columbia and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Want to work for an A/E firm that values employee input and collaboration? Burgess & Niple is seeking an Electrical Engineer with 10 years of experience in our Norfolk, Virginia office to be part of our Architectural & Engineering team. This is a unique opportunity to work with and support all Burgess & Niple’s primary market areas – architecture, utility infrastructure, transportation, and land development across the country. The ideal candidate will have desire and capacity to learn and is interested in working on diverse project types.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Part of an electrical team in the design of commercial and federal buildings, roadway and bridge lighting, treatment plants and pumps stations, and community developments/sites
- Perform building assessments and electrical evaluations
- Prepare design calculations, drawings, specifications, design analysis and construction cost estimates
- Prepare lighting, power and distribution, backup generation, UPS, Fire and Life Safety, and controls plans
- Perform construction related services to include shop drawings reviews, response to requests for information, and perform periodic site visits to observe construction
- Opportunity to represent B&N at meetings
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an ABET accredited program
- U.S. Citizen able to obtain and maintain a government issued clearance is preferred but not required
- P.E. registration
- 10 + years of experience in related electrical design using Revit and AutoCAD
- Prior experience with managing and leading the electrical portion of the project is desirable
- Experience and knowledge with federal UFC requirements and experience with telecommunications systems is a plus.
- Strong communication skills, ability to work with clients and colleagues, and thorough design documentation and detailing
- Self-motivated and adaptable, tech savvy that includes the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.