At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location.
Want to work for an A/E firm that values employee input and collaboration? Burgess & Niple is seeking a full time Southeast Virginia Civil Engineering Director for the Hampton Roads and Richmond area offices. Successful individual must have a proven record and technical background in Business Development and Project Management in one or more of our major market sectors, to include land development, water/wastewater, and transportation. This position may work out of our Norfolk or Richmond office.
This position is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join our team and utilize technical expertise to lead and complete interesting and challenging projects for commercial, industrial and government/public utility clients. Growth opportunities available.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Represent B&N in meetings and at marketing functions
- Participate in strategic business planning, development of client relationship programs or assignments, and assessment of new business opportunities
- Create and develop scopes of work and budgets for civil projects
- Based on relationships and technical abilities, serve as client manager and/or project manager for selected clients and projects
- Monitor performance indicators, budgets, schedules, and manage risk for the civil engineering projects in the region
- Lead the planning and design of challenging civil engineering projects. Provide training, coaching, and mentoring for engineering team
- Participate and/or lead the preparation of permitting and construction documentation preparation for projects
- Actively lead and participate in project delivery to create an exemplary client experience
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program
- Virginia PE registration, or ability to be registered with reciprocity
- A minimum of 15 years of related experience in civil engineering is required with previous project management execution
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong communication skills, quality control, and organization skills are essential to the success of this role
- Solid civil technical background
- Desire and ability to work in a group setting and to mentor junior staff members supporting projects
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a government issued clearance
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Self-motivated and adaptable, tech savvy that includes the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.