- Minimum Experience: 5 years
- Education: BSCE
- Registration: Professional Engineer (PE)
- Required Skills: ArcGIS; Microsoft Office
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Come work with senior-level professionals at an established A/E firm that value employee input and collaboration. Burgess & Niple is looking for a Stormwater Engineer to join our team in Tampa or Orlando.
B&N Stormwater Engineer Responsibilities:
- Develop the drainage design approaches and manage development of the drainage design associated with task work orders resolving historical flooding, municipal general civil projects and roadway improvement projects.
- Provide design on projects involving stormwater management, floodplain analysis & compensation, stormwater conveyance, bridge hydraulics & scour evaluations, watershed modeling (1D & 2D) and environmental permitting.
- Develop drainage design documentation reports and technical memorandums.
- Be the primary drainage engineer for municipal and FDOT projects.
- Participate in preparation of proposals, oral interviews and FDOT LOI’s
- Able to provide guidance and technical oversight to engineering interns and CADD technicians.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil or environmental engineering program
- Florida PE registration, or ability to obtain through reciprocity
- Minimum 5 - 10 years of related experience
- Proven project capture and delivery with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and experience with EPASWMM, ICPR Ver 4, HEC-RAS, ArcGIS is a plus
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Immediate accrued paid time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule
- Flexible spending or health savings account options
- Basic life insurance/short-term & long-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee with option to purchase supplemental life insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and hybrid work schedule options
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual dress
At B&N, we are dedicated to improving ourselves and the communities we serve. We do this by providing employees with opportunities for fulfillment, learning and advancement while delivering awesome experiences to our clients. We are committed to exploring new capabilities, emerging technologies and opportunities that will help create a pipeline for future growth.
We are engineers, architects, planners, scientists, geologists, and designers. We are also innovators and leaders, entrepreneurs, and collaborators. We are traffic engineers and parents of teenage drivers. We are site designers and homeowners. Ecologists and dog walkers. Funding experts and foodbank volunteers. We believe that these collective connections to the communities we serve are an asset to B&N and our clients.
Apply today and discover the possibilities for your career at B&N.