- Minimum Experience: 8 years
- Education: BSCE
- Registration: Professional Engineer (PE)
- Required Skills: Geopak ; Microsoft Office ; MicroStation ; Project Management ; Roadway
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
- Vaccination Status: Burgess & Niple is collecting vaccination data where legally permitted, all offers of employment are contingent on the candidate showing proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to individuals unable to be vaccinated where required by law.
Interested in working with some of the top transportation experts in the industry? B&N is looking for an experienced Project Manager/Roadway Engineer to join our growing team in either our Tampa or Orlando office.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in strategic business planning for our Florida operations, development of client relationship programs or assignments, and assessment of new business opportunities
- Provide oversight of production of roadway and temporary traffic control plans for the FDOT and other central Florida transportation agencies
- Lead quality review processes ensuring that local and state standards and preferences are met
- Maintain oversight of project planning and production efforts consistent with B&N’s delivery process
- Actively lead and participate in project delivery to create an exemplary client experience
- Typical duties would also include developing/reviewing pavement design and typical section packages, quantities and cost estimates and technical assistance and participation in shortlist presentations
- Represent B&N in meetings and at marketing functions
- Contribute towards the development of B&N’s Florida Transportation marketing strategy that focuses on providing excellent repeat services to our current clients and expanding our client base throughout the Florida region.
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil or transportation engineering program. In lieu of ABET accreditation; an equivalent Bachelors in civil/transportation engineering program and a Master’s Degree is acceptable
- PE registration in the State of Florida, or ability to be registered through US reciprocity
- 8 + years of related roadway design experience, prefer candidates with prior FDOT experience
- Proficient in MicroStation/GeoPak with a working knowledge of Open Roads Design software.
- Great communication skills and ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team environment
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes your choice of medical plan, dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, flexible spending or health savings account options, basic life insurance/short term & long term disability coverage at no cost to the employee, option to purchase supplemental life insurance, bonus program, flexible hours, hybrid work schedule options, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.#LI-DNI