Are you ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? Burgess & Niple is seeking a Transportation Planner to join our team in Tampa, FL. We are looking for an energized individual to support and help grow a successful transportation planning practice by expanding upon B&N’s current strong client profile of local agencies/communities.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- As a member of the Florida planning group, you will work on challenging transportation projects for public sector clients (e.g. FDOT, MPOs, Counties, Cities)
- You will get to collaborate with B&N’s current nationwide staff and capitalize on their expertise and experience in complete street planning, public processes, corridor studies, interchange studies, innovative and practical solutions, and community transportation planning
- You will support senior staff on a variety of transportation plans such as pedestrian, bicycle, roadway, transit and multimodal
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Completion of a 4-year degree in Urban/City/Regional Planning, Geography (urban), Civil Engineering or similar, Master’s degree preferred
- 1-4 years of experience in Urban Transportation planning, Safety planning, or other planning or engineering studies or analysis
- Ability to achieve certification by American Institute of Certified Planners in the future
- Proficiency in MS Office is required, experience with ArcGIS software is strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills and detail oriented
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes your choice of medical plan, dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, flexible spending or health savings account options, basic life insurance/short term & long term disability coverage at no cost to the employee, option to purchase supplemental life insurance, bonus program, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. For over 100 years, we have delivered creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices twelve states and the District of Columbia and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.