At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Are you motivated, energetic and ready to take your career to the next level? We are looking for an experienced Senior Stormwater Engineer to join our team in Tampa, FL.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Develop the design approaches and manage project and task management functions on stormwater design projects associated with roadway improvements and trail projects. Develop design solutions to resolve historical flooding. Provide design guidance on projects like watershed modeling floodplain analysis, bridge hydraulics, scour evaluations, LOMRs, and permitting
- Develop design documentation reports for water management districts, municipalities, and FDOT projects
- Act as the Engineer of Record for water management districts, municipalities, and FDOT projects and participate in proposal preparation and oral interviews
- Manage multiple project teams
- Create an exemplary client experience throughout the project delivery
- Monitor performance indicators, budgets, schedules, and manage risk
- Opportunity to provide training, coaching, and mentoring for junior level staff
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program
- Florida PE registration, or ability to obtain through reciprocity
- Minimum 15 years of related experience
- Proven project capture and delivery with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and experience with EPASWMM, ICPR Ver 4, HEC-RAS, Arc GIS, is desired
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.