- Minimum Experience: 3 years
- Education: BSCE, BSEE
- Registration: Engineer Intern or Professional Engineer
- Required Skills: AutoCAD; Microsoft Office
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Come work with senior-level professionals at an established A/E firm that values employee input and collaboration. Burgess & Niple is looking for a Civil Engineer to join our team in Norfolk, VA or Richmond, VA.
B&N Civil Engineer Responsibilities:
- Site or subdivision design using industry standard software such as Civil 3D
- Property research, including but not limited to zoning requirements, allowable uses, available utilities, design challenges and constraints
- Complete calculations using engineering formulas or software
- Prepare or edit specifications through research of industry, federal, state, regional or municipal publications
- Revise or refine design details and plan sets for submittal to plan approving authorities
- Prepare reports and narratives for use in the completion design and construction documents
- Preparation of engineering and construction cost estimates using local and industry standard pricing guides Perform site visits for project orientation and construction surveillance
- Communicate with design team, client staff, plan approving and permitting authorities as needed
- Preparation of permit applications and supporting documents
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program
- EIT or EI with a desire to become a PE
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to communicate effectively with people, both orally and in writing
- Strong computer skills including AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Office software programs
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Immediate accrued paid time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule
- Flexible spending or health savings account options
- Basic life insurance/short-term & long-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee with option to purchase supplemental life insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and hybrid work schedule options
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual dress
At B&N, we are dedicated to improving ourselves and the communities we serve. We do this by providing employees with opportunities for fulfillment, learning and advancement while delivering awesome experiences to our clients. We are committed to exploring new capabilities, emerging technologies and opportunities that will help create a pipeline for future growth.
We are engineers, architects, planners, scientists, geologists, and designers. We are also innovators and leaders, entrepreneurs, and collaborators. We are traffic engineers and parents of teenage drivers. We are site designers and homeowners. Ecologists and dog walkers. Funding experts and foodbank volunteers. We believe that these collective connections to the communities we serve are an asset to B&N and our clients.
Apply today and discover the possibilities for your career at B&N.