Are you ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? Take your career to the next level by applying for a Surveyor position in our Glen Allen, VA office.
What a Surveyor job is all about:
- You will have the opportunity to be part of a team working to collect, download and process field survey data and perform survey computations for large and small projects with utility companies, private or public clients.
- You want to ensure a smooth flow of work by preparing field maps and files, performing quality control for your own work and the work performed by others.
- You will assist the Survey Director with project coordination, scheduling field crews and organization.
- Change is not scary word to you. You thrive in an organization that constantly adapts and evolves with client needs.
What you need to make an impact:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited university or equivalent education and experience preferred
- Professional Licensed Surveyor (L.S.) registration required
- 4 or more years of survey experience
- A valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Be able to demonstrate fundamental trigonometry and geometry survey computations
- Should the need arise for short durations, ability to work with project crews on jobsites in support of mentoring and project completion schedules
- Good communication skills to make an impact on projects for our clients in the public or private sector.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and AutoCAD Civil3D
- Self-motivated and adaptable, tech savvy that includes the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes your choice of medical plan, dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, flexible spending or health savings account options, basic life insurance/short term & long term disability coverage at no cost to the employee, option to purchase supplemental life insurance, bonus program, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more..
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. For over 100 years, we have delivered creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in twelve states and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.