Ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? We are currently seeking a Survey Instrument Operator to join our Glen Allen, VA survey team.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- With assistance, operates and maintains all instruments and measuring devices needed to complete construction stakeout, GPS, boundary, and topographic survey work assignments while assisting the Party Chief.
- Compiles and checks field notes.
- Assists with field sketches.
- Performs limited field and office computations and calculations.
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience on a survey crew preferred
- Valid driving license and good driving record
- Must be able to travel up to four days consecutively
- Ability to do moderate lifting and standing/walking for extended periods of time
- Knowledge of Leica equipment preferred
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in eight states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at