At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Are you ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? Burgess & Niple is seeking a Survey Director to join our team in Richmond, VA leading the survey project delivery team and providing outstanding client experiences.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for initiation and accurate completion of preliminary and final land surveys that reflect the integrity of design while meeting all requirements; stamps and signs surveys completed within the office
- Manage the survey process and staff technically and administratively by providing assignments, planning for staffing and development, ensuring safety compliance, and identifying training needs
- Schedule assignments and work crews ensuring project scheduling commitments are met including reviewing timesheets for accuracy; monitoring project budgets, ensuring quality control including independent review of all work prior to delivery to the client
- Work with jurisdictional agencies to ensure plan submission and approvals are timely and accurate
- Market existing and potential clients for land survey projects by building client relationships, cost estimation, developing proposals, and contact negotiation
- Review billing and invoices for accuracy, respond to client billing inquiries and assist with recovery on any overdue accounts
- Travel locally to client meetings and local government offices
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Registered Land Surveyor in the state of Virginia
- Ten years of related survey experience required, 5 years of management experience is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint); familiarity with AutoCAD Civil 3D and Leica Scanning Technology is required
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor or Associate degree in related field is desired
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.