Ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? Burgess & Niple is seeking a Survey Technician to join our Painesville, OH office.
What a Survey Technician job is all about
- You will get to work on a wide variety of tasks and projects in the field and office
- You will perform routine survey field work and computations for boundaries, subdivisions, easements, and existing base mapping under the direction of a Professional Surveyor
- You will get to process field survey data and prepare CADD base maps
- You will get to perform research in various jurisdictions for deeds, plats, road records, etc.
- You will get to assist in the preparation of plats, exhibits, legal descriptions, and R/W plans while operating CADD and survey software
- You will utilize and maintain survey equipment
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- At least one to two years of surveying experience
- High School Diploma and/or equivalent trade school with survey experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Surveying
- Experience with AutoCAD with Civil3D and/or MicroStation with Geopak/OpenRoads; Leica equipment & software a plus but not required
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Ability to travel within the region
- Self-motivated and adaptable, tech savvy that includes the capability to learn new surveying technologies (i.e. drone mapping, 3D laser scanning, etc.) and virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, competitive pay, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, telecommuting, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. For over 100 years, we have delivered creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.