Interested in working with some of the top water experts in the industry? Burgess & Niple is seeking a full time Civil Engineering Co-op for Spring Semester 2020 in our Painesville, OH office to gain experience in water/wastewater design and analysis.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
As an important part of the project team and under the supervision of a Professional Engineer, the co-op will utilize and further develop existing drafting skills in AutoCAD on a variety of water, sewer and treatment plant projects for municipal clients in the region. This will provide increased knowledge of municipal infrastructure design in a real-life application of civil engineering. You may be able to gain additional field experience, when possible, to assess and verify conditions prior to a project start-up.
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- You are a current student in good academic standing pursuing a degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited college or university and have completed at least two years of your undergraduate degree
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and Word, AutoCAD experience is highly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work in at team setting
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
Housing is the responsibility of the co-op. Typical work hours are Monday - Friday, 8am -5pm.
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.