- Minimum Experience: 2 years
- Education: BS
- Registration: Engineer-in-Training
- Required Skills: AutoCAD or Microstation; Microsoft Office; Transportation Engineering
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
B&N is expanding our team in the Pacific Northwest and is looking for an enthusiastic individual who has a strong interest in transportation infrastructure to join our Portland, OR office as a Transportation Engineer.
B&N Transportation Engineer Responsibilities:
- Participate in delivering professional transportation design services for a variety of clients throughout Oregon and the Pacific Northwest
- Collaborate with Professional Engineers and designers to solve complex engineering problems
- Support the development of engineering plans, geometric design, construction cost estimates, and other technical documentation under the supervision of a licensed engineer
- Utilize and further develop drafting and design skills in AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Opportunity to mentor junior level staff and interns with the support of senior engineers
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited program
- EI or EIT registration with the desire and ability to ultimately become a PE
- 2-5 years of related transportation design and delivery experience, prior experience working with or delivering work for public transportation agencies in Oregon preferred
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams)
- Basic knowledge of MicroStation or AutoCAD preferred
- Experience with AutoTurn or Vehicle Tracking, as well as ProjectWise is beneficial
- Strong collaboration and excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Immediate accrued paid time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule
- Flexible spending or health savings account options
- Basic life insurance/short-term & long-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee with option to purchase supplemental life insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and hybrid work schedule options
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual dress
At B&N, we are dedicated to improving ourselves and the communities we serve. We do this by providing employees with opportunities for fulfillment, learning and advancement while delivering awesome experiences to our clients. We are committed to exploring new capabilities, emerging technologies and opportunities that will help create a pipeline for future growth.
We are engineers, architects, planners, scientists, geologists and designers. We are also innovators and leaders, entrepreneurs and collaborators. We are traffic engineers and parents of teenage drivers. We are site designers and homeowners. Ecologists and dog walkers. Funding experts and foodbank volunteers. We believe that these collective connections to the communities we serve are an asset to B&N and our clients.
Apply today and discover the possibilities for your career at B&N.