At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
B&N is seeking an experienced leader for our recently established B&N Portland Office, who is interested in working with some of the top transportation experts in the industry to build a successful and growing transportation engineering practice in Oregon.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Build and manage a strong and self-sustaining transportation group in Portland
- Participate in strategic business planning for our Oregon operations, development of client relationship programs or assignments, and assessment of new business opportunities with involvement of corporate leadership and growth initiatives
- Represent B&N in meetings and at marketing functions
- Maintain strong financial and performance indicators, budgets, schedules, and manage risk
- Actively lead and participate in project delivery to create an exemplary client experience
- Collaborate extensively with B&N project teams on project pursuits and execution
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil or transportation engineering program
- PE registration in the State of Oregon
- 20 + years of related transportation industry and know technical project management experience with a demonstrated track record of building strong relationships, sound financial performance and schedule success
- Strong knowledge of the Oregon transportation market with ODOT and local governments
- Excellent communication skills and technical writing skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.