- Minimum Experience: Entry Level
- Education: BSCE or Eq
- Registration: Engineer-in-Training
- Required Skills: Ability to lift 30+ lbs.; AutoCAD; MicroStation; Microsoft Office; Ability to withstand all weather conditions
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Begin your career working with some of the top civil engineering experts in the industry. Burgess & Niple is looking for an entry level Bridge Inspection Engineer to join our team. This position can be filled in one of the following offices: Portland (Oregon), Boise (Idaho), Flagstaff (Arizona), Phoenix (Arizona).
B&N Bridge Engineer Responsibilities:
- Assist with in-service bridge inspection and bridge assessment project teams comprised of Professional Engineers, Engineers-In-Training, and Bridge Inspectors from around the U.S.
- Use rope-access, mechanical-access, and other means to access and assess the structural integrity of bridges of all sizes and structure types across the United States but primarily focused in the Pacific Northwest
- Be responsible for documenting and reporting bridge conditions for routine or special bridge inspection assignments in accordance with National Bridge Inspection Standards (NBIS), and the upcoming Specifications for the National Bridge Inventory (SNBI)
- Write reports and analyze load ratings of bridges and culverts working with DOT’s, counties and/or municipalities to assess and make bridge asset decisions
- Prepare drawings in MicroStation or AutoCAD
- Perform design calculations and load ratings of existing bridges
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET-accredited program in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering
- 0-4 years of bridge inspection engineering experience preferred
- Engineer Intern registration or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Good communication skills and ability to work with clients in either the public or private sector
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (required) and MicroStation or AutoCAD (desired)
- Prior attendance or willingness to attend NHI/FHWA Bridge Inspection, SPRAT, and OSHA Confined Space Trainings a plus
- BrM & BrR or other Bridge Inspection & Design/Rating software experience is highly preferred
- Ability to travel on project related tasks in the pacific northwest and nationwide up to 100 days per year
- A valid driver's license with acceptable driving history is a must
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs. of gear and must be capable of high levels of physical exertion in all weather conditions
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Immediate accrued paid time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule
- Flexible spending or health savings account options
- Basic life insurance/short-term & long-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee with option to purchase supplemental life insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and hybrid work schedule options
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual dress
At B&N, we are dedicated to improving ourselves and the communities we serve. We do this by providing employees with opportunities for fulfillment, learning and advancement while delivering awesome experiences to our clients. We are committed to exploring new capabilities, emerging technologies and opportunities that will help create a pipeline for future growth.
We are engineers, architects, planners, scientists, geologists, and designers. We are also innovators and leaders, entrepreneurs, and collaborators. We are traffic engineers and parents of teenage drivers. We are site designers and homeowners. Ecologists and dog walkers. Funding experts and foodbank volunteers. We believe that these collective connections to the communities we serve are an asset to B&N and our clients.
Apply today and discover the possibilities for your career at B&N.