At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? We are looking for an experienced Civil Engineer with an emphasis on Water/Wastewater projects to join our team in Tempe, AZ.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Perform as a lead civil engineer and prepare reports, construction plans, specification and cost estimates for municipal public works projects
- Participates and leads junior level staff in project field work for the collection of data, site assessments, field verifications and related functions
- Participates in proposal preparation and lead day-to-day project activities for the design of water and wastewater facilities, including water transmission mains, water booster stations, water storage tanks/reservoirs, sanitary sewers, wastewater force mains, wastewater pump station, and/or water/wastewater modeling
- Create an exemplary client experience throughout the project delivery
- Monitor performance indicators, deadlines, budgets, schedules, and manage risk
- Opportunity to provide training, coaching, and mentoring for junior level staff
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program
- Arizona PE registration, or ability to obtain through reciprocity within 6 months of hire
- Minimum 4 years of related water/wastewater experience
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and AutoCAD Civil 3D
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.