Ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? B&N is currently seeking a Part Time Civil Engineer Intern for the Summer of 2020 to join our Water/Wastewater team in Phoenix, AZ.
What you can expect as major duties and learning outcomes:
- You jump at the opportunity to collaborate with Professional Engineers while proactively learning new methods and techniques
- You want to participate in municipal public work projects with an emphasis on water & wastewater projects.
- You will assist in the preparation of reports, construction plans, specifications, and cost estimates
- Change is not a scary word as you thrive in an organization that constantly adapts and evolves around client needs
- You enjoy interacting with clients, governing agencies and the public and participate in field/ site visits
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- You are a current Junior or Senior student in good academic standing pursuing a degree in civil or environmental engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
- You have a strong interest in water / wastewater projects; previous internships are a plus
- You can’t wait to learn and develop civil engineering skills and gain autonomy as your capabilities progress
- You want to flex your skills with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
- Self-motivated, adaptable and tech savvy that includes the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
Housing and transportation to/from work is the responsibility of the intern; however, parking is provided.
At B&N, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.