At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Are you motivated, energetic and ready to take your career to the next level? We're looking for a Roadway Engineer to join our fast-paced, dynamic team in Tempe, AZ with excellent opportunities for career growth.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Perform as a lead roadway engineer on duties such as preparing reports, construction plans, specifications and cost estimate for roadway improvement projects
- Lead day-to-day project activities and manage deadlines for on-time submittals
- Design responsibilities will include preliminary engineering and final design tasks for items such as horizontal and vertical geometry, roadside design, grading, surface modeling, cross sections and construction details
- Potential to interact with clients, governing agencies and the public
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil engineering program
- PE registration in the State of Arizona or ability to obtain through reciprocity
- 4+ years of related experience, prefer candidates with prior experience with ADOT, MCDOT and/or Arizona municipalities design standards and processes
- Great communication skills and ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team environment.
- Software proficiency with MicroStation, InRoads and MS Office Suite is required.
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.