Make an impact.
Your career. Our communities.
Position ID: 2674
- Minimum Experience: 4 years
- Education: BSCE
- Registration: Professional Engineer (PE)
- Required Skills: AutoCAD ; Microsoft Office
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Interested in working with some of the top transportation experts in the industry? B&N is looking for an experienced Traffic Engineer to join our team in Tempe, AZ delivering practical infrastructure solutions for a variety of traffic design projects and traffic studies.
What a Traffic Engineer job is all about:
- Effectively collaborate with the project team to enhance and improve intersections, streets and highways, signing and pavement markings, traffic signals, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), street lighting and safety while providing an extraordinary client experience
- Take the lead with evaluating and reporting for multimodal transportation studies such as area studies, corridor studies, traffic impact and capacity studies as well as traffic signals planning and ITS planning
- Complete a wide variety of scoping and final design projects including report writing, construction plan design, specifications and cost estimation
What you need to make an impact:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil engineering program. Preference will be given to candidates with a Master’s of Science degree in civil engineering (MSCE)
- Four or more years of related civil engineering experience
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) Registration in the state of Arizona
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Previous experience with traffic software, such as Microstation, HCS and Synchro, is desired
- Interest in and ability to mentor Engineers-in-Training
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills and ability to work effectively within a team environment
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to view our
Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Policy Statement.