Ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? B&N is searching for an Traffic Engineer to join our team in Tempe, AZ working on traffic studies, multimodal transportation studies, and preliminary engineering projects.
What a Traffic Engineer job is all about:
- As part of the project team, grow and develop skills including traffic operations and analysis, travel demand, safety studies and general transportation planning
- Perform a wide variety of multimodal transportation studies such as corridor studies, area studies, traffic impact studies and capacity studies
- Conduct evaluations and prepare reports for a variety of projects involving traffic signals planning and ITS planning
What you need to make an impact:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil engineering program or on track to complete within 6 months. Preference will be given to candidates with a Master’s of Science degree in civil engineering (MSCE)
- 0 - 5 years of related civil engineering experience
- EI/EIT certification or ability to obtain within 6 months and a desire and ability to ultimately become a PE
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Familiarity with traffic software, such as HCS, Synchro, VISSIM/VISUM, TransModeler, TransCAD and/or other traffic analysis platforms, is desired
- Interest in learning new methods and techniques from experienced engineers
- Good communication skills and ability to work within a team environment
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.