At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients' goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Are you ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? Burgess & Niple is seeking a Part Time GIS Specialist to provide GIS, Cartography, and Data Management skills in support of a variety of transportation planning, civil engineering, and municipal infrastructure projects. The ideal candidate will join our fast-paced, dynamic team in Tempe, AZ.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Data entry, data management, creation, conversion, and generation of maps.
- Organize and manage tabular and graphical data, metadata and produce maps for analysis by others and cartographic maps for illustrations, reports, and presentations.
- Utilize GIS programs and processes, including cartography, computing, data management, editing, creation, and conversion methods.
- Assistance with projects and proposals requiring mapping.
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Minimum High School Diploma, Bachelor’s degree is desired in Planning, Geography, GIS, Cartography.
- Minimum one year of professional technical experience. Years of experience may be substituted for degree.
- Proficiency in Esri GIS and MS Office is required
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.