Make an impact.
Your career. Our communities.
Transportation Engineer, Entry Level
Position ID: 2665
- Minimum Experience: Entry Level
- Education: BS
- Registration: (Not Specified)
- Required Skills: Microsoft Office
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? B&N is searching for an entry-level Transportation Engineer to join our growing team in Tempe, AZ.
What a Transportation Engineer job is all about:
- Participate in transportation studies including corridor studies, traffic studies, safety studies, system plans, and preparing various planning documents for public sector clients (e.g. DOT, MPO, counties, and cities).
- As part of the project team, help identify issues, develop and analyze concepts (roadway, pedestrian, bicycle, transit, and multimodal), recommend solutions, prepare documents and engage the public.
- Grow and develop skills including transportation planning, traffic and roadway engineering, calculations, analysis, and report writing.
- Change is an exciting word to you. You thrive in an organization that constantly adapts and evolves with client needs.
What you need to make an impact:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil engineering program or the ability to obtain within 6 months
- 0-2 years of experience in a related civil engineering field, previous relatable co-op/internship experience is preferred
- EI/EIT certification or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and strong writing skills required. Familiarity with traffic analysis software, GIS and/or CAD will be viewed favorably.
- Interest in learning new methods and techniques from experienced engineers
- Good communication skills and ability to work with clients in either the public or private sector
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in nine states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to view our
Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Policy Statement.