Burgess & Niple is seeking a Senior Water/Wastewater Leader for our Tempe, AZ water/wastewater team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead the design and planning of challenging water/wastewater projects, build client relationships, and serve in a significant role in building B&N’s business in Arizona. This position will provide a confident self-starter the opportunity for significant career advancement. The Senior Water/Wastewater Leader will be supported by a staff of technical experts throughout the firm, as well as a strong corporate business development team. Typical projects will include water transmission mains, water booster stations, water storage tanks/reservoirs, sanitary sewers, wastewater force mains, and wastewater pump stations.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Actively lead and participate in project delivery to create an exemplary client experience for all water/wastewater clients
- Based on relationships and technical abilities, serve as client manager and/or project manager for selected clients/projects
- Monitor performance indicators, budgets, schedules, and manage risk
- Collaborate with other leaders throughout the firm on project pursuits and technical challenges
- Provide training, coaching, and mentoring for selected key staff
- Participate in strategic business planning, development of client relationship programs or assignments, and assessment of new business opportunities
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Arizona PE registration, or ability to be registered with reciprocity
- 12 years of experience in water/wastewater/utilities
- Strong client management and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project)
Preference will be given to candidates with 15+ years of experience with 5+ years of experience leading projects and managing clients in Arizona.
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.