- Minimum Experience: Entry Level
- Education: BSCE or Eq
- Registration: Engineer Intern
- Required Skills: Microsoft Office
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Make an impact on your career, client projects and the community by applying for the Civil Project Engineer position in our Parkersburg, WV office.
B&N Civil Project Engineer Responsibilities:
- Engage with project stakeholders and team members on a variety of projects, which may include the design of water lines, sewer lines, roadway, traffic, and/or bridge projects for municipal and state clients in the region.
- Participate in plan production for a variety of general civil engineering projects
- Increase your knowledge of infrastructure design in a real-life application of civil engineering.
- Utilize and further develop drafting skills in AutoCAD and/or MicroStation Be involved in plan preparation, geometrics, quantity calculations, design calculations, and/or permit preparation.
- Gain field experience to inspect, assess and verify infrastructure conditions Field work may include documentation of construction activities, bridge inspection, manhole inspection, and/or assistance with survey crews.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil engineering program
- Previous related co-op or internship experience a plus
- EI or EIT registration or ability to obtain within 6 months and a desire to ultimately become a PE
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD or MicroStation is preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to work in team setting both in the office and in the field
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, squat, reach and lift 60 lbs
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Immediate accrued paid time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule
- Flexible spending or health savings account options
- Basic life insurance/short-term & long-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee with option to purchase supplemental life insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and hybrid work schedule options
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual dress
At B&N, we are dedicated to improving ourselves and the communities we serve. We do this by providing employees with opportunities for fulfillment, learning and advancement while delivering awesome experiences to our clients. We are committed to exploring new capabilities, emerging technologies and opportunities that will help create a pipeline for future growth.
We are engineers, architects, planners, scientists, geologists, and designers. We are also innovators and leaders, entrepreneurs, and collaborators. We are traffic engineers and parents of teenage drivers. We are site designers and homeowners. Ecologists and dog walkers. Funding experts and foodbank volunteers. We believe that these collective connections to the communities we serve are an asset to B&N and our clients.
Apply today and discover the possibilities for your career at B&N.