At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in twelve states and the District of Columbia and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Interested in working with some of the top transportation experts in the industry? We are expanding our team and are looking for a motivated Traffic Engineer to join us in either of our Florida offices: Orlando or Tampa.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Facilitate the day to day production of traffic design (signing and pavement markings, signal, lighting and ITS) and/or traffic studies projects with minimum oversight from supervisor
- Work collaboratively with project and design team to develop and prepare project deliverables to meet project objectives and schedule
- Participate in meetings related to assigned projects
- Help prepare cost estimates for traffic related components on assigned projects
- Opportunity to be part of a project team, collaborating with industry leaders in transportation
- Further engineering skills including traffic design tasks, traffic analysis, and technical skills with future potential opportunities for project management and business development
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil or transportation engineering program
- EI/EIT certification required with a desire and ability to get a PE license within 2 years or PE registration in the State of Florida, or ability to be registered with reciprocity
- 3-5 years of related traffic design or traffic studies experience
- Proficient in MS Office, MicroStation or Civil 3D, with a working knowledge of Visual or AGI32 lighting software, Guidesign, and Synchro. Experience with Sidra, Vissim, or other traffic analysis software is a plus
- Familiarity with FDOT design and CAD criteria and experience applying them in plans development
- Great communication skills and ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team environment
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.