Are you ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? Burgess & Niple is seeking a Senior Transportation Planner to join our national transportation planning and analysis team. We are looking for an energized individual to grow and sustain a successful transportation planning practice in the Tampa or Orlando, Florida by expanding upon B&N’s current strong client profile of local agencies/communities, Metropolitan Planning Organizations, state departments of transportation, and other agencies that engage in transportation planning. Check out some of our Transportation Planning work.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Begin, grow, and lead a Florida planning group to work on challenging transportation projects for public sector clients (e.g. FDOT, MPOs, Counties, Cities)
- Initiate business development and client outreach, team building, technical thought leadership, and integration of emerging technologies
- Collaborate with B&N’s current nationwide staff and capitalize on their expertise and experience in complete street planning, public processes, corridor studies, interchange studies, innovative and practical solutions, and community transportation planning
- Guide a variety of transportation plans such as pedestrian, bicycle, safety, roadway, transit and multimodal
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- B.S. or B.A. degree related to Urban/City/Regional Planning, Urban Geography, Civil Engineering, or related planning field
- Ten or more years of experience in Urban Transportation planning, city/regional planning or Project Development and Environmental (PD&E) studies
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification desired
- Experience with Florida MPOs or other planning agencies on studies including, but not limited to, Long Range Transportation Plans (LRTPs), Regional Planning, Complete Streets Planning, or Systems Planning will bring immediate benefit
- Proven leadership, excellent communication, stakeholder engagement and organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Office is required, experience with ArcGIS is strongly preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel for projects and business development
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.