At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Our B&N Orlando office has provided successful solutions for projects on Interstate 4, major sections of Florida’s Coast to Coast Trail, complete streets improvement projects and is currently working on a complex Diverging Diamond Interchange in Jacksonville with unique aspects to any DDI in the country! Interested in working with some of the top transportation experts in the industry? B&N is looking for an experienced Roadway Engineer to join our growing team in Orlando.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Production of roadway, temporary traffic control, signing and pavement marking construction plans for FDOT and other central Florida transportation agencies
- Oversee the production efforts of others and perform quality control and constructability reviews
- Develop and review pavement design and section packages, quantities and cost estimates and technical Letter of Response assistance and possible participation in shortlist presentations
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil or transportation engineering program
- PE registration in the State of Florida, or ability to be registered with reciprocity
- 10 + years of related roadway design experience, prefer candidates with prior FDOT FDM and the FDOT Standard Plans experience
- Great communication skills and ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team environment
- Software proficiency with MicroStation/GeoPak, InRoads & OpenRoads and MS Office Suite is required. Working knowledge of FDOT platforms such as AASHTOWare (formerly TRNS*PORT), ERC and LRE systems preferred
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.