Ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? B&N has a 2020 spring semester opening for a part-time Civil Engineering Intern, Transportation in our Orlando office.
What you can expect as the major duties and learning outcomes:
- Work with a team of experienced civil engineers on transportation engineering projects such assisting with preliminary roadway, interchanges, signing and pavement marking, and construction plan development for FDOT and central Florida communities
- Gain an understanding of roadway engineering design elements by assisting with calculating quantities, cost estimates and specifications, transportation plan development, and an introduction to geometric design
- Develop CAD and basic engineering analysis, design and plan production skills from Professional Engineers while becoming familiar with the consulting engineering community’s role in creating and enhancing the transportation systems in the state of Florida
- Learn the basics of industry specific design software like MicroStation and AutoCAD
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- You are a current student in good academic standing pursuing a degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited college or university and have completed at least two years of your undergraduate degree
- You have a strong interest in transportation engineering; previous internships are a plus
- You can’t wait to learn and develop transportation engineering skills and gain autonomy as your capabilities progress
- You want to flex your skills with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Any experience with MicroStation will be a bonus
Housing and transportation to/from work is the responsibility of the intern; parking is provided.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.