Ready to take on a meaningful project team role? Take your civil engineering career to the next level by applying for an entry level Civil Engineer position in our Orlando, FL office.
What a Civil Engineer job is all about:
- You will have the opportunity to be part of a project team, collaborating and learning from experienced professional engineers locally and throughout the firm.
- You will enjoy assisting in a wide array of transportation-related tasks including preparation of construction plans, typical section packages, pavement design packages, quantity take-offs, and engineer’s estimates.
- You want to grow and develop skills such as planning and design of challenging transportation and roadway projects.
- You like a wide variety of tasks and projects improving the transportation infrastructure around your community (geometric design, roadside design, drainage, grading, surface modeling, cross sections, pedestrian and bicycle access).
- Change is not a scary word to you. You thrive in an organization that constantly adapts and evolves with client needs.
What you need to make an impact:
- A Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited program in civil engineering or on track to complete within the next 6 months
- EI/EIT certification or ability to obtain within 6 months and a desire and ability to ultimately become a PE
- 0-2 years of engineering experience
- Good communication skills to make an impact on projects for our clients in the public sector
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD software, MicroStation, GeoPak, and OpenRoads
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, competitive pay, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. For over 100 years, we have delivered creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.