At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world.
Our B&N Orlando office has provided successful solutions for bridge inspection-related projects such as our FDOT District 2 State Bridge Inspection, including the inspection of Dames Point, Mathews and the Hart bridges as well as our participation as an inspection team member during the 2013 Mathews Bridge Emergency. We are seeking to add an experienced Bridge Inspection Business Leader to join our growing Orlando office. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Manage field inspection teams inspecting in-service bridges, structural analysis and supervision of report writing by others
- Work on bridge inspection related contracts throughout the U.S
- Prepare proposals, presentations to clients
- Supervise junior level staff
- Occasionally using rock-climbing techniques to access structures for inspection
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited structural engineering program
- Florida PE registration, or ability to be registered with reciprocity
- Minimum 15 years of related experience required; prefer experience in Florida
- Ability to obtain NHI/FHWA Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges certification
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, prior experience with BrM, FileMaker Pro, preferred
- Ability and desire to climb large structures and lift up to 30 lbs of gear
- Must be capable of high levels of physical exertion
- Willingness to travel throughout the U.S for up to 2 weeks duration at a time
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving history
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.