At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world.
Our B&N Orlando office has provided successful solutions for projects on Interstate 4, major sections of Florida’s Coast to Coast Trail, complete streets improvement projects and is currently working on a complex Diverging Diamond Interchange in Jacksonville with unique aspects to any DDI in the country! Interested in working with some of the top transportation experts in the industry? B&N is looking for an experienced Structural Engineer to join our growing Orlando office. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Actively lead all aspects of the bridge analysis and design and plan preparation for the FDOT and other central Florida transportation agencies
- Preparation of structural calculations, bridge construction plans, quality control reviews of the work product
- Maintain oversight of project scope and schedule
- Provide training and mentoring for entry level staff
- Opportunity to participate in development of technical letter of response assistance and shortlist presentations
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program
- Florida PE registration, or ability to be registered with reciprocity
- 10+ years of related experience required; prefer experience in Florida
- Proven project delivery skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of MathCAD and other design software knowledge is required. Knowledge of FDOT Structures Design Program Library (i.e. bridge, culvert and wall programs) is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving history
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.