- Minimum Experience: Entry Level
- Education: BSCE
- Registration: Engineer Intern
- Required Skills: MicroStation; Microsoft Office
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Begin your career working with some of the top civil engineering experts in the industry. Burgess & Niple is looking for an entry level Bridge Engineer to join our team in Louisville.
B&N Bridge Engineer Responsibilities:
- Be a part of a team of Professional Engineers, Engineers-In-Training, and Technicians designing, rehabilitating, analyzing, and inspecting bridges of all sizes across Kentucky with opportunities for project work and travel across the country
- Participate in plan production for superstructure and substructure bridge design and rehabilitation projects
- Participate in regional and nationwide inspection opportunities
- Perform design calculations and load rating of existing bridges
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET-accredited program in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering
- 0-2 years of bridge inspection engineering experience
- Engineer Intern registration or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Good communication skills and ability to work with clients in either the public or private sector
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (required) and MicroStation (desired)
- Prior attendance or willingness to attend NHI/FHWA Bridge Inspection, SPRAT, and OSHA Confined Space Trainings required
- BrM & BrR or other Bridge Inspection & Design/Rating software experience is highly preferred
- Ability to travel on project related tasks in the region and nationwide
- A valid driver's license with acceptable driving history is a must
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs. of gear and must be capable of high levels of physical exertion
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Immediate accrued paid time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule
- Flexible spending or health savings account options
- Basic life insurance/short-term & long-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee with option to purchase supplemental life insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and hybrid work schedule options
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual dress
At B&N, we are dedicated to improving ourselves and the communities we serve. We do this by providing employees with opportunities for fulfillment, learning and advancement while delivering awesome experiences to our clients. We are committed to exploring new capabilities, emerging technologies and opportunities that will help create a pipeline for future growth.
We are engineers, architects, planners, scientists, geologists, and designers. We are also innovators and leaders, entrepreneurs, and collaborators. We are traffic engineers and parents of teenage drivers. We are site designers and homeowners. Ecologists and dog walkers. Funding experts and foodbank volunteers. We believe that these collective connections to the communities we serve are an asset to B&N and our clients.
Apply today and discover the possibilities for your career at B&N.