- Minimum Experience: 5 years
- Education: BS
- Registration: (Not Specified)
- Required Skills: Ability to withstand all weather conditions ; ArcGIS ; Field Surveys ; NEPA
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Collaborate and lead environmental projects with our experienced team of technical professionals in Indianapolis, IN for the Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT), regional DOTs and federal agencies.
B&N Environmental Scientist Responsibilities:
- Prepare National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documentation and supporting studies for transportation and other civil engineering projects
- Conduct Clean Water Act (CWA) 404/401 permitting
- Conduct ecological field surveys including stream and wetland delineation, habitat evaluations and associated reporting
- Manage coordination for 4(f) & 6(f), Endangered Species Act, cultural resources, air quality and noise compliance, public involvement, and permitting through the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and state agencies
- Read, analyze, and interpret plan sheets, technical procedures, government regulations and industry standards
- Interact with clients and regulatory agencies
- Out of town/state travel will be required within the Midwestern U.S.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Environmental Science, Biology, Ecology or related degree; Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of related NEPA, ecological surveying, and permitting experience
- Microsoft Office and ArcGIS experience required
- Self-motivated and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills and detail oriented
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and traverse uneven terrain
- Ability to travel up to 20-30% of time, including overnight stays
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Immediate accrued paid time off
- 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule
- Flexible spending or health savings account options
- Basic life insurance/short-term & long-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee with option to purchase supplemental life insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and hybrid work schedule options
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual dress
At B&N, we are dedicated to improving ourselves and the communities we serve. We do this by providing employees with opportunities for fulfillment, learning and advancement while delivering awesome experiences to our clients. We are committed to exploring new capabilities, emerging technologies and opportunities that will help create a pipeline for future growth.
We are engineers, architects, planners, scientists, geologists and designers. We are also innovators and leaders, entrepreneurs and collaborators. We are traffic engineers and parents of teenage drivers. We are site designers and homeowners. Ecologists and dog walkers. Funding experts and foodbank volunteers. We believe that these collective connections to the communities we serve are an asset to B&N and our clients.
Apply today and discover the possibilities for your career at B&N.#LI-DNI