Are you ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? Take your career to the next level by applying for a Surveyor position in our Indianapolis, IN office.
What a Surveyor job is all about:
- You will have the opportunity to be part of a team working to collect, download and process field survey data using GPS equipment.
- You want to grow and develop skills such as preliminary drafting for plats, writing property descriptions, performing Right-of-Way Engineering per INDOT standards, and working on general civil and transportation plans
- You like a wide variety of tasks and projects. In this role you will collect field topography and may create CAD drawings for highway, urban streets, bikeways, and roundabouts for INDOT and local Governments
- Change is not scary word to you. You thrive in an organization that constantly adapts and evolves with client needs
What you need to make an impact:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Surveying from an accredited university
- 0-4 years of survey experience
- A valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Ability to handle moderate lifting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time in all weather conditions
- Be able to demonstrate fundamental trigonometry and geometry survey computations
- Motivated to gain Surveyor-in-Training registration and a desire and ability to ultimately become a Professional Surveyor
- Good communication skills to make an impact on projects for our clients in the public or private sector
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD software. COG, Microstation, GEOPAK or OpenRoads is a plus
- Self-motivated and adaptable, tech savvy that includes the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, competitive pay, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. For over 100 years, we have delivered creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.