At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients' goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N
Ready to take the next step in your career? We're looking for a Roadway Designer in our growing Indianapolis office with experience in transportation plan development.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare plans and specifications including electronic submission to INDOT for roadway and transportation related design projects.
- Calculate estimates and quantity take-offs; Review shop drawings.
- Maintain quality control of plans to comply with B&N CAD Standards and INDOT requirements.
- Mentor and share design expertise with project team.
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 10 or more years of plan preparation and design experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microstation; Geopak and Open Roads experience preferred
- Knowledge of INDOT roadway plan specifications
- Extensive knowledge of design procedures, principles, and practices
- Knowledge of advanced mathematics
- Ability to perform complex calculations and estimates
- Self-motivated and adaptable including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.