Are you ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? Burgess & Niple is seeking two full-time Civil Engineer Interns, Land Development for Summer Semester 2021 to join our team in our Houston, TX office.
What a Civil Engineer Intern is all about:
- You will have the opportunity to be part of a project team, collaborating and learning from experienced professional engineers locally and throughout the firm.
- You will be involved in land development plans in SF, MF, Senior Housing, Assisted Living, Commercial, Retail and Hospitality projects while utilizing Civil 3D to assist with technical design aspects
- You will assist lead project engineers with site design, feasibility/cost opinions, preliminary plat and final construction plans for land development clients throughout the state of Texas
- You will have the opportunity to interact with clients and governing municipalities
- You will be involved in bid/contract document preparation, while having some construction administration duties
What you need to make an impact:
- You are a current student in good academic standing pursuing a degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
- You have a strong interest in land development / civil site engineering; previous internships are a plus
- You can’t wait to learn and develop civil engineering skills and gain autonomy as your capabilities progress
- Good communication skills to make an impact on projects for our clients
- Proficient with AutoCAD 2018 (Civil 3D); Microsoft Office and Excel. Understanding of HECRAS/HECHMS drainage software a plus
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
- Housing and transportation to/from work is the responsibility of the Intern
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.