Ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? We're looking for an entry-level Civil Engineer to join our fast-paced team in Stafford, TX working on residential, commercial, retail, and industrial site development projects.
What a Civil Engineer job is all about:
- You jump at the opportunity to collaborate with Professional Engineers and design staff
- You want to participate in delivering projects related to land planning, site design, feasibility/cost opinions and final civil construction plan design
- You have a passion for learning and developing your skills creating bid/contract document documents
- Change is not scary word to you; You thrive in an organization that constantly adapts and evolves with client needs
- You enjoy interacting with clients, governing agencies and the public and don’t mind occasional field / site visits
What you need to make an impact:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil engineering program or on track to complete within 6 months
- EIT certification in the State of Texas or ability to obtain within 6 months
- 0-2 years’ experience in land development for residential, commercial, retail, and industrial type projects. Experience in multi-family and senior housing projects a plus but not required
- Excellent communication skills and detail oriented
- General understanding of drainage design (i.e. storm drainage system, detention/retention design, stormwater quality design)
- Software experience with Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint), AutoCAD 2018
- Microstation and drainage software (Culvert/Flowmaster) considered a plus but not required
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. For over 100 years, we have delivered creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.