At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in twelve states and the District of Columbia and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Burgess & Niple is looking for a highly motivated, energetic person to build and sustain a statewide Traffic and Planning team in either our Austin, TX, Dallas, TX, Ft. Worth, TX or San Antonio, TX office. The right individual will get to build on our nationally recognized expertise by growing a successful practice in Texas. As a key part of our Texas Transportation team, you will get to assist in building B&N’s statewide transportation practice.
This position will provide a confident self-starter the opportunity for significant career advancement. The Texas Traffic and Planning Lead will be supported by a staff of technical experts throughout the firm, as well as a strong business development team, and he/she will supervise experienced engineering and planning staff in delivering professional services to a wide variety of clients throughout Texas including the Texas Department of Transportation, Regional Mobility Authorities and Tolling Authorities, Municipal Planning Organizations, Councils of Governments and cities and counties throughout the state.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Train, coach, and mentor junior staff in developing and delivering projects
- Actively lead and participate in project delivery to create an exemplary client experience
- Serve as client manager, senior project manager and/or technical subject matter expert for selected clients/projects
- Work with leadership to develop a plan for expanding our client base and winning new work
- Support development of strong client relationships with existing clients
- Monitor performance indicators, budgets, schedules, and manage risk
- Collaborate with other leaders and professionals throughout the firm on project pursuits and technical challenges
- Participate in strategic business planning to grow our traffic and planning practice across all geographies
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited program in civil engineering or a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree related to Urban/City/Regional Planning, Urban Geography, or related planning field
- PE registration in the State of Texas or American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification
- 10+ years of progressive technical and project management experience with a track record of successfully leading projects with clients in Texas
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Proficiency with a variety of industry standard software
- Strong client management and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.