Ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? B&N is searching for a Transportation Engineer in either our Tempe, AZ, Austin, TX, Dallas, TX, Ft. Worth, TX or San Antonio, TX offices.
What a Transportation Engineer job is all about:
- As part of the project team, you will work on travel demand modeling, traffic operations modeling, capacity analysis, traffic data analysis, crash data analysis, and report writing
- You will get to utilize the following software platforms: VISSIM, VISUM, TransModeler, TransCAD, Cube, ArcGIS, and related tools and programming languages such as Java, Python and GISDK scripting
- You will get to experience career growth by leading day-to day project activities, managing deadlines for on-time submittals, and working independently and on a team
- Dependent on experience and capabilities, you will have the opportunity to engage with clients on projects and new business activities
- Change is an exciting word to you. You thrive in an organization that constantly adapts and evolves with client needs
What you need to make an impact:
- Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering, planning, or a related degree is required.
- Master’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and professional experience
- 4+ years of experience in a related civil engineering field
- Professional technical licensure is required, such as a PE, PTOE, AICP, or PTP
- Knowledge of signal control strategies, communication and detection devices is a plus
- Requires strong analytical skills to solve complex challenges and strong writing skills to communicate findings
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and traffic analysis software
- Interest in learning new methods and techniques from experienced engineers
- Good communication skills and ability to work with clients in either the public or private sector
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in twelve states and the District of Columbia and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.