At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Burgess & Niple is seeking a Regional Transportation Leader in either our Austin, TX, Dallas, TX, Ft. Worth, TX or San Antonio, TX offices. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead and coordinate challenging transportation projects, build client relationships, and serve in a significant role in building B&N’s transportation practice in Texas.
This position will provide a confident self-starter the opportunity for significant career advancement. The Regional Transportation Leader will be supported by a staff of technical experts throughout the firm, as well as a strong business development team, and he/she will help recruit and supervise experienced engineering and field staff to deliver projects to a wide variety of transportation clients throughout Texas including the Texas Department of Transportation, Regional Mobility Authorities and Tolling Authorities, Municipal Planning Organizations and large to mid-sized cities and counties throughout the region. Project types will range from route studies and schematic design to final design and development of complete PS&E documents and will run the full gamut from rural off-system projects, to complex, on-system urban interchanges.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Train, coach, and mentor junior design staff in developing and delivering design projects
- Actively lead and participate in project delivery to create an exemplary client experience
- Serve as client manager, senior project manager and/or technical subject matter expert for selected clients/projects
- Work with leadership to develop a plan for expanding our client base and winning new work
- Support development of strong client relationships with existing clients
- Monitor performance indicators, budgets, schedules, and manage risk
- Collaborate with other leaders and professionals throughout the firm on project pursuits and technical challenges
- Participate in strategic business planning to grow our transportation practice across all geographies
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering degree from an ABET accredited program, Master’s degree preferred
- PE registration in the State of Texas
- 10+ years of progressive transportation design and project management experience with a track record of successfully pursuing and managing work with the Texas Department of Transportation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Experience with GEOPAK and Open Roads Designer (preferred)
- Strong client management and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.