At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients' goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Are you ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? Burgess & Niple is seeking a Project Engineer to join our team in Northern Virginia who will be responsible for designing all aspects of land development/ municipal projects in Northern Virginia counties. This position may work out of our Chantilly or Woodbridge, VA office.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Actively participate in project delivery to create an exemplary client experience for land development and municipal projects
- Assist lead project engineers with the preparation of construction documents for regulatory agency review
- Utilize Northern Virginia Counties Standards, VDOT, and applicable state standards in the preparation of land development plans for commercial, residential, and municipal projects
- Design responsibilities, which will include preparation of geometric layout, performing minor grading, producing plan and profile for storm, sanitary, and waterline, designing erosion and sediment control measures, and computing simple hydraulic equations
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- EIT/EI certification or ability to obtain within 6 months
- 3+ years’ experience in land development for residential, commercial, retail, and industrial type projects
- Excellent communication skills and detail oriented
- Software experience with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD Civil 3D required
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.