- Minimum Experience: 8 years
- Education: BE
- Registration: Professional Engineer (PE)
- Required Skills: Bridge Inspection; Driver's license (good record); Load Rating; Project Management; Ability to withstand all weather conditions
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Collaborate with some of the top bridge inspection experts in the industry ensuring the safety of traveling public around the country. This position can be filled in Columbus, Akron, Cincinnati, or Mentor, OH.
B&N Project Manager/Bridge Inspection Engineer Responsibilities
- Plan, lead, and manage complex bridge inspection and assessment project teams with Professional Engineers, Engineers-In-Training, and Bridge Inspectors around the U.S., advanced rope climbing training will be provided
- Be responsible for documenting and reporting bridge conditions for routine or special bridge inspection assignments in accordance with National Bridge Inspection Standards (NBIS), and the upcoming SNBI, while mentoring and training team members
- Write reports and analyze load ratings of bridges and culverts working with DOT’s, counties and/or municipalities to assess bridge infrastructure
- Prepare drawings in Microstation or AutoCAD, providing recommendations to clients for forward action
Skills & Qualifications
- A Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program
- Professional Engineer (PE) Registration and ability to obtain licensure in other states through reciprocity within six months
- 8+ years of professional experience with bridge inspection, report writing and/or load rating
- NHI/FHWA Bridge Inspection and FC NHI/FHWA certifications are desired
- The ability and desire to climb large bridge structures, able to withstand high levels of physical exertion including walking, climbing, bending, carrying, and lifting up to 30 lbs. of equipment
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively (up to 40%) throughout the U.S.
- A valid driver's license with acceptable driving history is a must
- Microsoft Office and AutoCAD and/or Microstation proficiency required; AASHTOWare BrM and/or AssetWise is highly preferred
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Immediate accrued paid time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule
- Flexible spending or health savings account options
- Basic life insurance/short-term & long-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee with option to purchase supplemental life insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and hybrid work schedule options
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual dress
At B&N, we are dedicated to improving ourselves and the communities we serve. We do this by providing employees with opportunities for fulfillment, learning and advancement while delivering awesome experiences to our clients. We are committed to exploring new capabilities, emerging technologies and opportunities that will help create future growth.
We are engineers, architects, planners, scientists, geologists and designers. We are also innovators and leaders, entrepreneurs and collaborators. We are traffic engineers and parents of teenage drivers. We are site designers and homeowners. Ecologists and dog walkers. Funding experts and foodbank volunteers. We believe that these collective connections to the communities we serve are an asset to B&N and our clients.
Apply today and discover the possibilities for your career at B&N.