- Minimum Experience: 7 years
- Education: BSCE or Eq
- Registration: Professional Engineer (PE)
- Required Skills: Bridge Design; Microsoft Office; Structural Design
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Join our nationally recognized team of bridge design, inspection and rehabilitation professionals supporting projects across the country, ranging from small local projects to major river crossings.
B&N Bridge Engineer Responsibilities:
Perform engineering calculations and plan preparation for bridge design and rehabilitation projects.
- Projects will include analysis and design of routine and complex structures. Training will be provided, but a thorough understanding of engineering principles is required.
- Other work may include plan review, shop drawing review, and open channel hydraulic analysis.
- Interested applicants will have the opportunity to be trained to perform bridge field inspection, including the use of rope access techniques. However, field work is not a requirement for this position.
- This position offers multiple opportunities for career growth, including development as a technical specialist or project manager, as well as the opportunity for involvement in business development.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited program in civil engineering or equal. Graduate degree in civil engineering with a focus on structural engineering is preferred, but not required.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration is required.
- 7 or more years of bridge design experience and thorough understanding of engineering principles is required.
- Steel and concrete design experience required; prestressed concrete design and finite element analysis experience are a plus.
- Microsoft Office and CAD experience required, Microstation preferred.
- Strong interpersonal & written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Immediate accrued paid time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule
- Flexible spending or health savings account options
- Basic life insurance/short-term & long-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee with option to purchase supplemental life insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and hybrid work schedule options
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual dress
At B&N, we are dedicated to improving ourselves and the communities we serve. We do this by providing employees with opportunities for fulfillment, learning and advancement while delivering awesome experiences to our clients. We are committed to exploring new capabilities, emerging technologies and opportunities that will help create a pipeline for future growth.
We are engineers, architects, planners, scientists, geologists and designers. We are also innovators and leaders, entrepreneurs and collaborators. We are traffic engineers and parents of teenage drivers. We are site designers and homeowners. Ecologists and dog walkers. Funding experts and foodbank volunteers. We believe that these collective connections to the communities we serve are an asset to B&N and our clients.
Apply today and discover the possibilities for your career at B&N.