- Minimum Experience: 10 years
- Education: BSCE
- Registration: Professional Engineer (PE)
- Required Skills: AutoCAD; Geopak; MicroStation
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Collaborate with some of the top transportation experts in the industry, participate in strategic business planning for our Ohio operations, develop client relationship programs or assignments, and assess new business opportunities.
B&N Roadway Engineer Responsibilities
- Serve as a client manager and senior project manager, actively lead projects for the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) and/or local agencies
- Participate in Ohio growth initiatives to identify and win ODOT and/or local agency projects
- Lead quality review processes and perform plan internal technical review to ensure plan quality prior to project submittal
- Lead and participate in client project meetings, prepare cost estimates, construction plan documents and reports
- Serve as a task lead on projects coordinating day-to-day efforts with multidisciplinary staff to prepare study and plan documents
- Mentor junior staff in design and plan production efforts
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil engineering program
- PE registration in the State of Ohio, or ability to be registered with reciprocity
- 10+ years of related design experience, leading and performing design and construction plan development for ODOT and/or local agency clients
- Great communication skills and ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team environment and develop junior staff members
- Software proficiency with MicroStation/GeoPak, and MS Office Suite is required. experience with OpenRoads is a plus
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Immediate accrued paid time off
- 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule
- Flexible spending or health savings account options
- Basic life insurance/short-term & long-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee with option to purchase supplemental life insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and hybrid work schedule options
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual dress
At B&N, we are dedicated to improving ourselves and the communities we serve. We do this by providing employees with opportunities for fulfillment, learning and advancement while delivering awesome experiences to our clients. We are committed to exploring new capabilities, emerging technologies and opportunities that will help create future growth.
We are engineers, architects, planners, scientists, geologists and designers. We are also innovators and leaders, entrepreneurs and collaborators. We are traffic engineers and parents of teenage drivers. We are site designers and homeowners. Ecologists and dog walkers. Funding experts and foodbank volunteers. We believe that these collective connections to the communities we serve are an asset to B&N and our clients.
Apply today and discover the possibilities for your career at B&N.