Burgess & Niple is looking for a Civil Engineer – Water/Wastewater to join our fast-paced, dynamic team in Columbus, OH working on a variety of water and wastewater treatment system projects at various stages of development; from preliminary design to construction.
What a Civil Engineer – Water/Wastewater job is all about:
- You jump at the opportunity to collaborate with civil and environmental Professional Engineers and design staff
- You want to participate in delivering projects related to all aspects of water and wastewater treatment systems including design calculations, drawings and specifications
- You’re ready to assist with creating reports, cost estimates and review construction deliverables
- You thrive in an organization that you can help contribute to adapt and evolve with client needs
- You enjoy interacting with clients, governing agencies and the public
- You see field work/construction administration duties as opportunities to grow
What you need to make an impact:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil or environmental engineering program
- EIT certification
- 2+ years of related civil or environmental engineering experience, prior experience with water or wastewater treatment is preferred
- Excellent communication skills and detail oriented
- Software experience with Microsoft Office and working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D. Experience with Revit is a plus
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes your choice of medical plan, dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, flexible spending or health savings account options, basic life insurance/short term & long term disability coverage at no cost to the employee, option to purchase supplemental life insurance, bonus program, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. For over 100 years, we have delivered creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in twelve states and the District of Columbia and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.