Interested in working with senior-level professionals at an established A/E firm that values employee input and collaboration? Burgess & Niple is looking for an entry-level Civil Engineer to join our fast-paced, dynamic team in Columbus, OH working on a variety of utility infrastructure projects at various stages of development; from preliminary design to construction.
What a Civil Engineer is all about:
- You’ll get to work with a team of experienced engineers
- You’ll get to assist staff in performing utility design and field services
- You’ll get to help in design responsibilities that could include, storm sewer design, waterline design, sanitary sewer rehabilitation design and quantity takeoff with cost estimation
- You’ll get to assist with flow monitor installation, data processing, smoke testing and dyed water testing for municipality and/or city improvement projects
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil or environmental engineering program must obtain degree by Spring 2021 (anticipated start date May 2021)
- EI or EIT certification in the State of Ohio or ability to obtain within 6 months
- 0-2 years of related civil or environmental engineering experience, co-op/internship experience with water distribution, storm sewer or sanitary sewer is a bonus
- Excellent communication skills and detail oriented
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Civil 3D and ArcGIS preferred, but not required
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and able to lift up to 50 lbs
What We Offer?
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why Join Us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location.