At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. For over 100 years, we have delivered creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location.
Interested in working on innovative, award winning highway & street projects? Desire to be part of a team that is leading many “firsts” for Ohio clients, including ITS and TSMO applications such as the I-670 SmartLanes project, innovative interchange designs, transportation manual development, and complex intersection designs? Want to be an integral part of growth strategies that flex your marketing and business development skills to grow B&N’s client and project base? B&N is looking for an experienced Roadway Engineer with a PE to join our experienced team in Columbus, OH. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Serve as a client manager and senior project manager, actively lead projects for ODOT and/or local agencies
- Participate in Ohio growth initiatives to identify and win ODOT and/or local agency projects
- Lead quality review processes and perform plan internal technical review to ensure plan quality prior to project submittal
- Participate in client project meetings, prepare cost estimates, construction plan documents and reports
- Mentor junior staff in design and plan production efforts
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil engineering program
- PE registration in the State of Ohio, or ability to be registered with reciprocity
- 10+ years of related design experience, leading and performing design and construction plan development for ODOT and/or local agency clients
- Great communication skills and ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team environment and develop junior staff members
- Software proficiency with MicroStation/GeoPak, and MS Office Suite is required. experience with OpenRoads is a plus
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.